When are multivitamins needed?
– Vegetarian, vegan individuals and individuals who do not consume animal food,
– Menopausal women and women with post-menopausal bone loss,
– Individuals who cannot benefit from the sun enough and have low consumption of dairy products,
– In infants, children and adolescents,
– In some disease conditions (dialysis treatment, allergic diseases that prevent food intake, etc.)
– Pregnancy and lactation in women
– Iron deficiency and anemia
– Those who receive nutritional therapy due to a disease, those who use birth control pills and those who take long-term medication,
– Athletes and the elderly,
– Smokers, alcohol users,
– Women who are in menstruation period (especially in severe individuals may need iron supplementation)
– Under the supervision of a specialist, multivitamin or vitamin or mineral supplements may be needed.